Railroad Forums 

• MBTA's MPI HSP-46 Locomotives

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#531431  by sery2831

This is a continuation of this thread: viewtopic.php?t=34382

From NETransit:
The MBTA has requested bids for 38 new locomotives, the bid opening date is 03/06/2007. The bid opening date was rescheduled to 04/03/07. This is competitive negotiation procurement. There will be no public bid opening; the winning bid will not be announced until the negotiation process is complete. A contract announcement is expected by summer 2008, order is now expected to be for 28 locomotives with options to buy 10 additional later. A probable bidder is Motive Power Industries division of Wabtec which previously had expressed interest in an MBTA order, bids from international firms were also encouraged.

#532040  by Veristek

How do you know the MBTA may buy these locos? What's so terrible about them? Boxy nose and stuff?

#532081  by mbta1051dan

Haha, just jk-ing :P

-Dan

#532112  by Guilford Guy

Uh, yeah, um, I heard from a really trustworthy source that uh, we're merging with uh Guilford, and uh, we're putting uh, HEP in the GP9's and SD26's and uh, gunna run them on the uh, Eastern Route, uh... yeah....

In all seriousness, MPX may be the way to go, if we can't get EMD to do it. GE wouldn't do it, Brookville might... Its way to early to say, and I suggest we lock this until we get some solid news...

Hypothetically, If we were to get MP36's/40's how would you paint them. I already did everything else, just slap on some purple.

#532513  by FP10

I have a portfolio to finish for an interview tomorrow and you give me this fantastic time waster!

must... resist....photoshopping!

edit: i could resist no longer

Last edited by FP10 on Thu May 08, 2008 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

#532995  by AEM7AC920

If they did I don't think they would be an option, this spec is for new locos not old ones in storage that most likely will need to be rebuilt. GE doesn't have any stored Genny's but Amtrak does. Hopefully the T has learned after the 1100's rap sheet.

#533241  by Lord Mkaiba

Two designs.

A design based on the current lightning scheme, but adjusted for the shape of the MP36/40.

A design based on the unique scheme used on the work engine 3247.

#533242  by mbta1051dan

How do you photoshop those engines and make paint schemes for them? I have some wonderful ideas...

-Dan

#533270  by Guilford Guy

save the images to your desktop, and use MS Paint or Appleworks to add colors...

#533339  by Robert Paniagua

Lord Mkaiba wrote:Two designs.

A design based on the current lightning scheme, but adjusted for the shape of the MP36/40.
I like this photo here, it looks good with the purple thick juicy stripe going across the engine.

#533521  by type 7 3704

My attempt, kinda based off the lightning stripe scheme and I designed it so it would match the stripes on the current commuter rail cars:

#534033  by Mr.CommuterRail

I like that one Type7, very slick .. :wink: