Railroad Forums 

• Green Line Change Postponed a Week

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#27483  by Diverging Route

According to the http://www.mbta.com/traveling_t/transit ... .asp#green MBTA Web site, everything is put off a week.... last trip from Lechmere June 25; shuttle buses effective June 26; SuperStation opens June 28.

But they didn't fix the route table... it still has mislabled the (B) Route 821 as (C) 811 in the first line of the notice.

#27490  by Ron Newman

Any idea why the delay?

#27513  by Ron Newman

Everything is apparently postponed by a week. Here's the new MBTA press release. It says:
The shuttle buses had been scheduled to begin operating this weekend, but MBTA officials have decided that more time is necessary to test critical fire alarms and safety systems throughout the new "Super Station."
[/quote]

#27531  by Ron Newman

Since this requires a several-day-long shutdown to realign the tracks, I can't imagine they'd want to do this anytime other than a Friday evening. Otherwise you've got a weekday commute with no Green Line to North Station -- not fun.

#27626  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

this is excellent, i forgot to get a picture at the Science park stop, i only got the North Station stop pics, i completely forgot about the stop

#27649  by Zaphod

Awesome! I had gotten the dates wrong and thought Sunday would be the last day. I was going to miss the ride, but now I won't, although it won't be the last day.

#27654  by Robert Paniagua

Awesome! I had gotten the dates wrong and thought Sunday would be the last day. I was going to miss the ride, but now I won't, although it won't be the last day.

That's fine, it's even better to not ride it on the VERY last day. Since you might end up getting caught in crowds, and that wouldn't be fun at all.