Railroad Forums 

• North Station Service on the Green Line after June 20

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#28063  by Zaphod

I took my ride yesterday. My daughter was already patiently putting up with my railfanning, so I didn't try to take a good luck at the track layout while I was passing through from Haymarket to North Station.

#29256  by Ron Newman

Today's Boston Globe article on the Green Line relocation and yesterday's Last Ride.

#29271  by Robert Paniagua

Now, that means that everyone will now have to drive 5 hours down to New York and ride their aboveground lines if they like, I may do it again there.

#29273  by Ron Newman

We've still got Charles, and Beachmont, and the Red Line elevated near Fields Corner. Granted, that's not much...

#29275  by Robert Paniagua

Yeah, you're right, but what I mean is riding over automobile traffic on a street, and pedestrians on a sidewalk, and watching all of that from above.

Now, that's gotta be done in NYCT-land, although I've already been there, but I'll have to "revisit". Beachmot, its right over an intersection, and Fields corner is actually on a raised ground structure, not on a "freestanding" EL structure.

#29276  by Ron Newman

Fields Corner station itself is not elevated, but the train does cross Dorchester Avenue on an overpass.

#29415  by Robert Paniagua

Yeah, you're right, I've also ridden on that route, but an overpass like that is.................nothing.

While Charles/MGH on the Boston Side is just nothing more than a mere 500 feet of actual EL trackage, nothing like the Green Line North Station or certainly NYCT's continous aboveground routes.