Railroad Forums 

• MBTA in other media (ex-MBTA in the movies)

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#399206  by Ron Newman

And since I'm sure that the picture shows an El station, the station cannot be Downtown Crossing. Someone is very confused here.

#399207  by AznSumtinSumtin

Rhodiecub2 wasn't talking about the picture. He was talking about the movie Mattster mentioned.

#399301  by ags

From here that picture looks like Lower Wacker Drive (Chicago) -- of Blues Brothers fame.

#399312  by Shawmut1

I believe the El station is Dover Street.

#399339  by mattster

Ron Newman wrote:And since I'm sure that the picture shows an El station, the station cannot be Downtown Crossing. Someone is very confused here.
Do you ever actually read posts before you respond to them? Someone else was talking about a different movie other than the one I posted about. A discussion about that other movie followed and you mistakenly thought that everyone was talking about the photo I posted.

The only person here confused is you.

#399425  by CSX Conductor

Ron Newman wrote:Which el station was this?
I think that it actually looks a bit more like Northampton Street.

#399494  by sery2831

Northampton St. had stairs that came down from the center of the structure. Since the platform was a center type. I was thinking Egleston?

#399509  by StevieC48

Could be Dover Sta.

#399652  by -Garrett

You guys missed some TV references!
Boston Legal (and a lot of other Boston shows from David E. Kelley) routinely shows shots of the Green Line and the Red Line.

And, unless I missed it somewhere, you all also forgot Spencer For Hire with the late Robert Urich. That show was a whole treasure trove of of MBTA shots, right form the opening theme!

#399710  by Carfare

Yep, that's Dover. The former Harry the Greek's is on the right side of the screenshot.

#399852  by CSX Conductor

-Garrett wrote:And, unless I missed it somewhere, you all also forgot Spencer For Hire with the late Robert Urich. That show was a whole treasure trove of of MBTA shots, right form the opening theme!
Go back towards the beginning of the thread, Spencer was there as I was going to put it on because I used to love that show as a kid.
carfare wrote:Yep, that's Dover. The former Harry the Greek's is on the right side of the screenshot
I didn't notice Harry the Greek's. That's a dead give-away, lol.

#399888  by Ron Newman

Spen<b>s</b>er for Hire. With an s
Last edited by Ron Newman on Thu May 17, 2007 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#399892  by StevieC48

Yea Spencer for Hire used the T for many a story:

Cabot Yards
Cabot Bus Shops
Abandoned Dudley Sta (Northbound Platform)
The beginning of the trailer.

I cant think of other but anyone who watched the show could remember any other shots please add.

#399913  by Carfare

[quote="onthegreenline"]I'd never heard of Spencer for Hire - check THIS out
http://youtube.com/watch?v=j41_sCAuQiE& ... ed&search=
quote]

That was pretty cool!

Did you hear the announcements for the Green, Red, etc. departures & destinations? It sounded as if you were at South Station! Was this a common practice back then? (I don't recall it being that way)

If it was dubbed in for the program, they did a pretty good job.