Railroad Forums 

• Terrorists are getting what they want on the MBTA

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#23358  by jwhite07

Gee whiz, Jeff, you're getting pretty philosophical in your old age! :D

Seriously, well put, buddy. I couldn't have said it better!

Now if we could only come up with a way to enact some truly effective security measures, instead of useless-but-looks-good programs like sealing off trash cans and harassing railfans...

#23890  by CSX Conductor

Otto......that's the point that I was trying to emphasize, but it seems as though the powers at be will never realize that

#23943  by Robert Paniagua

Yeah I know, and now we have this even tougher MBTA photo pass policy now, that's something wrong there. Something's DEFINITELY not right here. I think the T needs to take it easy on us railfans, even after Madrid 3-1-1.

#23995  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

yea, they shouldn't be that strict on the photo pass, and noone knows when they plan on using it. Is it still good for 3 months? or was it 4?

#25238  by CSX Conductor

Now the MBCR has a Bulletin Order or General Notice out and in effect that states that "any person(s) seen on or near tracks/stations taking photos or video must be immediately reported to the dispatcher, who in turn will notify the MBTA police".

#25266  by atkelly

I think what the whole trash thing comes down to is this. More time for the cleaners on the turns. Thus more overtime for them. Just a way to get more money out of the system then trying to provide service to its customers.