Railroad Forums 

• Train safety incidents

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1385250  by Bells201

Train Safety
This morning I saw a woman who had been walking along the tracks get trapped as she crossed a railroad bridge in North Billerica. She was lucky the train (306 out of Lowell) had stopped to pick up passengers - it took the fire department and police EMT's 45 minutes to extract her from the bridge. Last Friday at the same station a male in his 30's crossed under a train just at the conductor signaled the engineer to go - I blew my horn to get the conductors attention - he made it out from under the train but was not allowed to board

is it me or are people getting stupid ?
 #1385386  by BandA

How do you cross under a train? Literally walk under one of the coaches where the trucks are? Wow. And why didn't the woman just cross back on the bridge?
 #1385397  by 8th Notch

Unfortunately it happens quite frequently, W Medford is another spot where I see it done a lot. The area between both trucks towards the center of the coach has a good amount of clerance.
 #1385412  by rmccown

I see people run across the tracks in front of an approaching train at W Concord.
 #1385477  by BostonUrbEx

8th Notch wrote:The area between both trucks towards the center of the coach has a good amount of clerance.
This is why I love bi-levels. One day, people won't be able to do this anymore. :wink: