• Platform markers for where to stand

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

by StefanW

At North Station on at least the Southbound platform of the Orange Line, there are tape markers indicating where to stand!! There's a red line 90 degrees to the track on each side of where the door edge lines up, and red arrows at a 45 degree angle pointing towards the door. A green arrow pointing away from the door (the exit direction) is centered between the red tape lines. It's clearly an attempt to show people where to stand so that the doors are clear for egress - a much needed thing!

The distance between the red tape borders is enough so that there is some room for error when the operator lines up the train for the stop.

I will post pictures in a few minutes.
  by deathtopumpkins

FINALLY! HALLELUJAH!
  by Arborwayfan

Great! Now, will people follow it, or just be salmon?

Someone could also add signs telling people where to stand/what part of the train to board for the easiest connections (e.g. at Harvard have signs encouraging people who are going to change to the OL for Forest Hills to get in the back of the train, and people who are going ot change for the GL for Lechmere to get in the front of the train (and maybe people headed for the B, C, D, and E and for the OL for Oak Grove to get kind of in the middle of the train). Tokyo and Santiago do this, and it helps.
  by dieciduej

I've seen those markers for the past several days and each of those days the train, I have been on, has been long by a half door to full door set.

JoeD
  by jamesinclair

Those broken floor tiles are embarrassing