Railroad Forums 

• Escalators and Elevators at 128 Station

• Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.
Discussion relating to commuter rail, light rail, and subway operations of the MBTA.

Moderators: sery2831, CRail

#1343025  by merrick1

Diverging Route wrote:It's about a 10-minute drive. From Track 2, the van would travel over Green Lodge Street, right on Elm Street, right on Dedham Street (crosses over I-95 and the tracks), right on University Ave to the station. Put up a Google map and you'll see it.
Why not post signs directing drivers who are meeting a northbound train to pick up passengers on the other side of the tracks? Apple Maps shows there is a small parking area at the end of Green Lodge Street near the northbound platform. (It also shows on Goggle maps but there aren't any cars parked there in their satellite view) Google street view shows that the driveway to the parking area is pretty narrow. They might need someone to direct traffic at train time but Amtrak has lots of railroad cops.
 #1343190  by Rbts Stn

merrick1 wrote:
Diverging Route wrote:It's about a 10-minute drive. From Track 2, the van would travel over Green Lodge Street, right on Elm Street, right on Dedham Street (crosses over I-95 and the tracks), right on University Ave to the station. Put up a Google map and you'll see it.
Why not post signs directing drivers who are meeting a northbound train to pick up passengers on the other side of the tracks? Apple Maps shows there is a small parking area at the end of Green Lodge Street near the northbound platform. (It also shows on Goggle maps but there aren't any cars parked there in their satellite view) Google street view shows that the driveway to the parking area is pretty narrow. They might need someone to direct traffic at train time but Amtrak has lots of railroad cops.
They'd have to improve the area before they'd allow that, but it's not a bad idea.

Regarding my inlaws, they don't want to discuss this any further and "don't want to be any trouble", but I'm pretty sure they are done with taking trains any more!
 #1351446  by The EGE

Looks like they actually got the elevators back working on September 1 - far earlier than expected. Escalators will take a while though.