Railroad Forums 

• MARC to build new storage tracks at Union Station

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#1308079  by Arlington

jcepler1 wrote:This morning on a red line train I saw one single-level MARC car at the very end of the wedge yard.
Thanks for the update. I guess in the AM we'd expect it to be near-empty (all working cars are out on the system). More interesting is the question of how it looks Midday and overnight, when we'd expect to start seeing plenty of trainsets parked there.
 #1308096  by jcepler1

Arlington wrote:
jcepler1 wrote:This morning on a red line train I saw one single-level MARC car at the very end of the wedge yard.
Thanks for the update. I guess in the AM we'd expect it to be near-empty (all working cars are out on the system). More interesting is the question of how it looks Midday and overnight, when we'd expect to start seeing plenty of trainsets parked there.
I should clarify that I passed by at about 10:30, which you would think would be late enough for the new yard to be full.
 #1308110  by mmi16

Arlington wrote:
VRE overnights their equipment at Fredericksburg and Manassas. Camden line trains overnight at Riverside yard in Baltimore. Brunswick line trains overnight at Frederick, Martinsburg and Brunswick. I have no idea where Penn Line trains overnight.
 #1312410  by Arlington

jcepler1 wrote:Driving past yesterday afternoon at 2:15 or so on New York Avenue, I saw three MARC trains in the wedge yard.
Yay! At last, a report of "real" usage there. Now to figure out if it's actually done operations any good....