Railroad Forums 

• New Diesels for MARC & VRE

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#964821  by strench707

Ah okay thanks for clearing that up, he must be stationed at Telegraph Rd, I should have figured those renovations would have to involve the railroad too. It seems most days I've been listening in he's out of there by the VRE evening rush. The only exception was the Earthquake day but maybe they just kept him around to watch the bridge or something...

Thanks again for the info,

Davis
 #964847  by cobra30689

Past few days he's been out till 7pm...he did mention something about the Metro....they may be encroaching on his limits too, for what I have no idea.
 #965015  by strench707

Oh okay very cool, thanks. I always like him there because in case I miss the symbol of a train they always say it again for him so I can scratch it down. CSX just changed all the intermodals so still getting used to that lol

Davis
 #971882  by strench707

Westbound Norfolk Southern Train 19A took three ex-VRE units West.

Units were placed right behind the NS Power.

They had the markings:

MPEX 110 (ex-VRE V10)
MPEX 108 (ex-VRE V08)
MPEX 104 (ex-VRE V04)

NS 18A was the train that brought the MP36's in, looks like 19A is in charge of retrieving the geeps.

Sad to see them go,

Davis
 #971892  by ns3010

strench707 wrote:Westbound Norfolk Southern Train 19A took three ex-VRE units West.

They had the markings:

MPEX 110 (ex-VRE V10)
MPEX 108 (ex-VRE V08)
MPEX 104 (ex-VRE V04)

NS 18A was the train that brought the MP36's in, looks like 19A is in charge of retrieving the geeps.

Sad to see them go,

Davis
Are there any 39's left on property? I have all except V02, V03, and V09 has having been confirmed as shipped to MPI. It's possible that I missed something somewhere.
Is that correct, or have they been sent off as well. Also, have any of the other units (GP40's and F40's) been removed from VRE property?
 #971928  by gp40marc69

ns3010 wrote:
strench707 wrote:Westbound Norfolk Southern Train 19A took three ex-VRE units West.

They had the markings:

MPEX 110 (ex-VRE V10)
MPEX 108 (ex-VRE V08)
MPEX 104 (ex-VRE V04)

Sad to see them go,

Davis
There is still one 39 in DC near ivy City in the VRE storage yard. I can't recall the road number tho.

Are there any 39's left on property? I have all except V02, V03, and V09 has having been confirmed as shipped to MPI. It's possible that I missed something somewhere.
Is that correct, or have they been sent off as well. Also, have any of the other units (GP40's and F40's) been removed from VRE property?
 #972035  by strench707

I'll do some digging around, sadly I think the F40s (my absolute favorites) are all gone. I think they leave one older engine in DC as a protect, probably one of the geeps or RP's.

Davis
 #972036  by cobra30689

strench707 wrote:I'll do some digging around, sadly I think the F40s (my absolute favorites) are all gone. I think they leave one older engine in DC as a protect, probably one of the geeps or RP's.

Davis
One of the F40's are still in Broad Run yard....either the V35 or V36(I walk by the damned thing 4 times a day I should know this lol)....the V20 is a protect at BR, and the V23 is a protect at DC. The '39's are all gone AFAIK.