Railroad Forums 

• Backup OCC site?

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#184802  by Robert Paniagua

I just heard on the media that WMATA has no money to construct a backup OCC center in the event of a terrorist massacre, saying the DHS has no funding for it, and they can't even install those sensors that detect chemical/biological odors, except for a few stations.

So, I guess they'll have to find another way to raise monies for the backup OCC site, don't know how, but what does anyone else say here?
 #185480  by Mdlbigcat

Robert Paniagua wrote:I just heard on the media that WMATA has no money to construct a backup OCC center in the event of a terrorist massacre, saying the DHS has no funding for it, and they can't even install those sensors that detect chemical/biological odors, except for a few stations.

So, I guess they'll have to find another way to raise monies for the backup OCC site, don't know how, but what does anyone else say here?
That HOMELAND INSECURITY has no idea what the hell they are doing, these idiots cannot protect their own Capital let alone this whole country.
Georgie needs to get his drinking buddies out of the leadership positions at these Federal agencies, and get some real professionals in there.

Unfortunately that is a pipe dream.

#186521  by Robert Paniagua

I was thinking that same thing too. There's no money for it, and I doubt that there will be funding to build a backup OCC site in case of a massacre.