Railroad Forums 

• Stadler’s in the metro game

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#1504620  by mtuandrew

MattW wrote:https://www.metro-report.com/news/singl ... lanta.html
USA: Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority has selected Stadler to supply 254 metro cars, with options for up to 100 additional cars. According to Stadler, this is the company’s largest ever rolling stock order by volume.
Looks like they'll be standard married pairs, the same length as the existing fleet. The article provides no delivery schedule.
From the “Stadler to supply new railcars for MARTA” thread in General Passenger Discussion. Does anyone else feel like they’re looking at the 8000 series?
 #1504638  by Sand Box John

"mtuandrew"
From the “Stadler to supply new railcars for MARTA” thread in General Passenger Discussion. Does anyone else feel like they’re looking at the 8000 series?

This would totally depend on if they chose to submit a proposal on the request for proposals that has yet to be advertised.

Being they already have a foothold in the United States and they are going to build rolling stock similar what WMATA runs it would seem to me they will have a few point ahead going in on a perspective proposal.
 #1505683  by tommyboy6181

Having seen some of the participation mentioned by vendors for the 8000 series bid, I highly doubt Stadler is bidding. Out of the companies that had the highest presence, it was Hyundai Rotem, CRRC and Alstom. But you never know as I don't think anyone expected Stadler to get the contract in Atlanta. CRRC was heavily courting that city for the project.