Railroad Forums 

• Grade Crossing

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#1486505  by wrivlin

I noticed on the track work page of the WMATA website that the Arlington Cemetery station is going to be shut down the weekend of October 13. Under work being done, it says "Grade Crossing." Is Metro planning to install a grade crossing somewhere along the Blue Line? IIRC, the only other heavy rail rapid transit system with grade crossings in the US is the L in Chicago (my hometown). Anyone know what's going on here?
 #1486509  by farecard

I would assume "grade" is a verb, as it "WMATA shall [re]grade the crossing..."
 #1486530  by Sand Box John

WMATA has been using the area adjacent to the portal and substation north of Washington Boulevard along Jefferson Davis Highway for access to do maintenance of way almost sense day one.

Me thinks they are going to reconfigure the area in a way similar to what exists south of grosvenor to make it easer to gain access.