Railroad Forums 

• After 4-year delay, Potomac Shores VRE station moving foward

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#1465280  by davinp

Residents of Potomac Shores could have a new method of transportation in the next couple of years.

The design of the Virginia Railway Express (VRE) train station that will be constructed in the 1,920-acre locality will be moving forward, according to a release.

The Virginia Department of Rail Public Transportation (DRPT) and CSX Transportation (CSX) have signed an agreement that defines what parts “of the third-track corridor improvements” can immediately be finished.

http://whatsupwoodbridge.com/potomac-sh ... e-station/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1468937  by KTHW

On AMTK 67 in VA today and as I passed the Potomac Shores/Quantico area I saw a CSX MOW train parked on the Possum Point siding, it was loaded with steel rails and I saw some activity around it. Anyone have word if/when CSX crews are gonna mobilize and finish the Potomac Shores-Arkendale 3rd track. I’ve been riding past it for close to a year now and haven’t seen any action before today.
 #1483385  by KTHW

Besides any progress on the route does anyone know if the Arkendale to Powell’s creek 3rd track will be stretched to the new station, and if the PS station is being built to service trains on all 3 tracks for when DC2RVA 3rd tracking is complete?