Railroad Forums 

• VRE now has 100 railcars

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#1454384  by davinp

On VRE's website, it says they have 100 railcars in service. Actually, they have 87 cars in service.

The newest cars are V840-V849. A few months earlier they got cars V834-V839 which have the 25th-anniversary logo on it. All these cars have restrooms.

These new cars have a few minor cosmetic changes from the cars VRE bought a decade ago:
- larger windows on exterior doors
- rounder seat back on the fold in seats
- little glass cutouts on the upper storage rack

VRE was supposed to start using the L'Enfant storage tracks this month to make longer trains, but for some reason, that got delayed.

https://www.vre.org/service/rider/consist/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1492370  by daybeers

I am trying to update the Wikipedia article on VRE, but I'm having trouble with the consist information. I can't seem to find much information about the Sumitomo/N-S gallery cars built in 2014, except for this article saying they bought eight with an option for up to 42 more. Can anyone help me out?