Railroad Forums 

• Massive disruption on MARC Penn Line today

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#1316834  by TheOneKEA

http://mta.maryland.gov/marc-train/advisories" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has a lot of postings regarding the massive disruption of the MARC Penn Line schedule today, with lots of cancellation, short tripping and cross-honoring on Amtrak a Regional services. One of the posts stated that the catenary in Baltimore was defective or damaged. Does anyone know if a MARC train was responsible for the catenary problems, or was it the icy weather this morning?

Also, I can't remember the last time the MARC Penn Line was this disrupted. Hopefully there are no lingering effects tomorrow.
 #1316845  by dt_rt40

What I did notice when I took MARC to DC a week ago was that there was major track work around Odenton. Maybe if they are down to 2 tracks in the area, it makes it harder to deal with delays elsewhere in the system. On the 4th of Feb at least, the Odenton station had bridges extending the SB platform out to the middle track.