Railroad Forums 

• Way finding strip maps

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#1272552  by Sand Box John

WMATA is updating the way finding strip maps in the stations as part of the upgrades to accommodate the opening of Phase I of the N Route Silver line.

Greater Greater Washington published an article on the upgrades New strip maps make navigating Metro harder, not easier

As most here know I am a Herry Wesse Purest, the same also applies the the original station graphics designer Massimo Vignelli.

I would like your opinion on what is the better design for the horizontal wall mounted way finding strip maps:

Recently installed on the north / eastbound platform in the Pentagon City station

My version based on the original Massimo Vignelli pylon strip map design.

Image[
This one is the same as the above but also shows the stations in the opposite direction from the stations with junctions (Rosslyn and L'Enfant Plaza), stations requiring the opposite direction transfer are listed below the lines.