Railroad Forums 

• New Tardis's [Tardisi?] at stations

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#1201612  by farecard

At several stations [Dupont N for one] WMATA is building LARGE new booths further inside the gates.
They are so big I'm envisioning the interior of the Doctor's favorite vehicle.....

So what's the backstory on these? Will they hold the SWAT team standing by to search our bags/follow us?
 #1201642  by Sand Box John

"farecard"
At several stations [Dupont N for one] WMATA is building LARGE new booths further inside the gates.
They are so big I'm envisioning the interior of the Doctor's favorite vehicle.....

So what's the backstory on these? Will they hold the SWAT team standing by to search our bags/follow us?

The station manager kiosk in the Silver line stations will be roughly double the size of the older kiosks. Based on what I could find on WMATA's web site the new larger kiosks are replacing the original kiosks to accommodate more room for the station manager and additional equipment.

Orange/Blue Line Rehabilitation Contract-Segment 1 (4.40 MB PDF file)
 #1290547  by JDC

Whether temporary or permanent, a new manager's booth is being installed at McPherson Sq. I'd say it has almost double the square footage of the existing booth. I should add this is occurring at the 14th St. entrance, but it might also be happening at the VA entrance, which I do not use.