Railroad Forums 

• Station Chaining Distances

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#1174223  by schmod

Is there a table anywhere of the chaining distances (from Metro Center/Gallery Place) for each station?
 #1174423  by Sand Box John

"schmod"
Is there a table anywhere of the chaining distances (from Metro Center/Gallery Place) for each station?

See post: Re: Metrorail Safety Rules and Procedures Handbook

The link take you to the 10 25 2012 version of the Metrorail Safety Rules and Procedures Handbook (17.6 MB PDF file) The track schematics with chaining are on pages 696 - 703.

Metro Center is 00+00, Gallery Place is 15+05. 15+05 translates to 1,505'. The measurements are from center of platform to center of platform. Subtract 600' to get end platform to end of platform distances.
 #1297999  by Sand Box John

"Martin Baumann"
Chaining distances for the Silver Line can be found at:

http://greatergreaterwashington.org/pos ... lver-line/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Perhaps the distances beyond Wiehle-Reston East should be treated as provisional as the line has not been completed yet

Those are not chaining distances, those are estimated running times.

The chaining is in my latest version of the Comprehensive Track Schematic.
Last edited by Sand Box John on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1298106  by Sand Box John

"Martin Baumann"
The chaining distances ARE on the page I posted the link to but a long way down on a big page.

Very good map you have there, thanks for sharing

Those chaining distances were posted by me and were ripped from the Comprehensive Track Schematic Said track schematic has been revised and updated sense I made that post.