Railroad Forums 

Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1293  by Guest

I AGREE THATS A STUPID POST, AND TOTALLY UNTRUE, BUT UNTIL THE NTSB RELEASES IT'S REPORT, ANYONE CAN SAY ANYTHING...LIKE ABOVE!

#1353  by jayrmli

Again, I think we should refrain from going too far with this on this forum. The only "experts" are the ones conducting the investigation. From what I've seen since my last post on this thread is an "expert" NYAR employee running his mouth. Again, if it's who I've heard it was, it was a fired NYAR employee who couldn't pass his qualifying examinations. Some expert. Any other comments regarding this individual I will hold back. The true record of this individual is what I posted above.

Let's not forget that there are lots of people that look at this forum, both on the inside and the outside. The last thing investigators need is to have to address lots of "smoking gun theories" from so-called experts. There are a lot of things on the line here, including people's lives and careers. Let's not mess with them just to make yourself look smart. Leave it to the experts.

Since there was a comment regarding the insurance issue with NYAR, there were two serious accidents last year, but the one did not involve a rules violation by NYAR employees. That looks a lot more favorably by the insurance companies than if fault was assessed on the crew. Once again, this is what happens when "experts" give their own theories.

Jay

#1375  by Guest

I THINK IT WAS THE GHOST OF CAPTAIN EDWARD SMITH..HE CAUSED IT.. :(