Railroad Forums 

Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#12173  by klesko25

I was on the 6:46 Local to Babylon tonight and I get off at Lynbrook and the engineer either forgot to stop at Lynbrook or overshot the platform. Anyway after 20 minutes of talking of sitting right outside the station and trying to make a reverse move they told us we were going to head east to RVC and we could catch the next westbound train. Anyone here about this?

-Matt

#12311  by jayrmli

Please be careful about posting things that can get the crew in trouble. By posting the time, you've basically pinpointed the crew. You never know who might be reading this.

Please don't give exact train numbers or times for something like this. A little common sense goes a long way.

Jay

#12313  by LIengineerBob

We are humans and mistakes can happen. As the other poster mentioned, please refrain from posting about such mishaps....things happen, get over it. Looks as if you joined the group just to post that message.....you joined yesterday and have one post.
 #12351  by klesko25

Sorry for putting the actual time of the train. I was a member on the old site, I hadn't gotten around to signing up.