Railroad Forums 

• LIRR 7 game roundtrip Jets Ticket Form 14P 1967

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1524946  by ExCon90

Interesting feature: you could take 6 people with you to one game, or go to 7 games by yourself, or anything in between. And is that a warning to the trainman on the auditor's stub?--after you tear this coupon off, don't forget to punch the ticket!
 #1524957  by MACTRAXX

Steve:

This New York Jets 1967 Season 14 ride ticket is an interesting item that I have not seen before.
This Form 14 ticket was printed by the International Ticket Company (I logo left of form number). The number 9012 is the LIRR station number for Penn Station (#12 today).
I researched the New York Jets 1967 Season home record for the seven home games that year.

Back then the New York Jets played their AFL home games at Shea Stadium. The AFL merged with the NFL
in 1970. The home games played at Shea Stadium were coinciding with the seven dates listed on this ticket:
Sunday October 1 - Jets 29, Miami Dolphins 7
Saturday October 7 - Jets 27, Oakland Raiders 14
Sunday October 15 - Jets 28, Houston Oilers 28 (tie)
Sunday October 29 - Jets 30, Boston Patriots 23
Sunday November 12 - Jets 20, Buffalo Bills 10
Sunday December 3 - Denver Broncos 33, Jets 24
Sunday December 10 - Kansas City Chiefs 21, Jets 7
1967 Jets home record: 4 wins, 2 losses, 1 tie.
1967 Jets season record: 8 wins, 5 losses, 1 tie (14 game AFL season)

I found interesting that this ticket has only 14 small punch blocks...This ticket must have had a notice to
Train Crew members on how to service (punch) this ticket. The 000000 number is either a sample ticket
or one of the first ones issued. The official NY Jets logo makes this a real sports collectible.

MACTRAXX
 #1524981  by nyandw

MACTRAXX: Nice added football info, thank you. The owner indicates as follows: "...The LIRR routinely started numbering new ticket forms at 000000 so my guess is that this was purchased. (He was a LIRR ticket clerk and ticket collector) There’s no “Sample” stamp on the reverse, but no die impression either. I knew several ticket sellers back in the day so they may have saved this one for me. 1967 was a long time ago!..." I would place this in the category of "unique and rare" thus far, maybe get $2.00 on eBay. :-) Sure hope to see if another surfaces!