Railroad Forums 

• Diesel Cab DE-DM Simulator Controls

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1481257  by 452 Card

Those two units were a contract requirement for both the DE/DM and the M7 procurements. It is my assumption is that the Simulator Building and staff are toast, if these valuable units are just given away. There is a ton of hardware and software that supported these, but I am sure those are "proprietary info" subject to scrutiny as to where it ends up. Certainly, I hope: not in the hands of the public domain! Where's Mike?
 #1481351  by RGlueck

OBRM has several really great simulators now. I hate to see them outdoors. As if they haven't spread their expenses enough, is there a plan to put them under cover? Genrally, acquisition is a two-sided proposition, with one side being additional expense. FWIW, I'd be investing money, hand over fist, into the G5s and P54 coach. Those are irreplaceable, in my opinion. I'm not slapping the group at all, just ruminating on choices.
 #1481515  by MADDOG

RGlueck wrote:OBRM has several really great simulators now. I hate to see them outdoors. As if they haven't spread their expenses enough, is there a plan to put them under cover? Genrally, acquisition is a two-sided proposition, with one side being additional expense. FWIW, I'd be investing money, hand over fist, into the G5s and P54 coach. Those are irreplaceable, in my opinion. I'm not slapping the group at all, just ruminating on choices.
Always great to hear from ya Dick!
Slow progress on #35 but great strides on both #7433-Ping and #21-tender which we are doing in house. Unfortunately, we cannot erect a building on site yet. Future plans are to put a shed structure around the resiprocating steam engine before end of the year and in the future, move all of the cars around to fit the site plan after the turntable is operating. Track need to be laid out and if all goes well, Railroad Construction Corp will be laying track on the turntable and a short stretch into the yard for us to move things. Roofs are costly to erect and maintain, however, they are not out of the realm over these units as we can can weld up just about anything!
We do worry and care.
MADDOG