Railroad Forums 

• Hamburger Choo-Choo Restaurant

• Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.
Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1471343  by 452 Card

The only HBCC I know of was in Huntington, which I went to just before the fire. If there was one in Patchogue, I don't recall it, and I lived there from 1958 to 2006.
 #1471407  by MARKON

Wasn't there one in Garden City - mid 60's - 7th St? . Remember fondly as a toddler going there prior to a lap around the adjacent BOHACKs .
 #1471440  by RGlueck

Hamburger Choo Choo was a main stay in Huntington. I only ate there once. Burgers were served on a Lionel train pulled by a steamer or some unknown arrangement. I remember it as being terribly greasy, plagued by derailments, and not particularly fun. It was unique and a bit of a legend.

I didn't know the place had burned, but you've got to watch those steamer, throwing sparks to the tall grass at trackside!
 #1472733  by frankie

Believe it or not, the restaurant has it's own Facebook page. For those interested, go ahead and dive in and enjoy a bit of culinary nostalgia.

Choo-Choo!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/233648189813/about/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1473676  by jayrmli

The building in Huntongton that housed the Hamburger Choo Choo at last check was a Japanese hibachi restaurant called Tomo. Last I was in the village, they closed and the building is waiting a new tenant.
 #1473685  by railfaned

In the 50's I lived in Astoria, and for a short time on Steinway St there was also a location there. I ate there twice. The first time they used the Lionel trains to bring the food along the counter, but the next time they wouldn't use it. Shortly after that, the location closed up.