Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

#59557  by ctaman34

photo taken by Joe Testagrose

Photo courtesy of Mike Farrell
note the windows

Last edited by ctaman34 on Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#59583  by MikeF

The third picture from the top is by Mike Farrell, not Eric Oszustowicz, and I take exception to your use of the term "Photo courtesy of Mike Farrell," as I never gave you permission to use my pictures.

As for your question of "what's the difference," you have shown examples of two series of cars, each in their as-built and current conditions. The first picture shows an as-built 2200-series car, the second shows a 2200 as rebuilt (the tilt-sash windows were added in the rebuilding), the third and fourth show as-built 2600-series cars, and the fifth shows a 2600-series car as rebuilt.

#60056  by ctaman34

MikeF wrote:The third picture from the top is by Mike Farrell, not Eric Oszustowicz, and I take exception to your use of the term "Photo courtesy of Mike Farrell," as I never gave you permission to use my pictures.

As for your question of "what's the difference," you have shown examples of two series of cars, each in their as-built and current conditions. The first picture shows an as-built 2200-series car, the second shows a 2200 as rebuilt (the tilt-sash windows were added in the rebuilding), the third and fourth show as-built 2600-series cars, and the fifth shows a 2600-series car as rebuilt.
fixed the 3rd photo

#88598  by Silverliner II

Rats....all the pics are loaded on top of each other, so I can only see the first one and pieces of the rest....