Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

#1488692  by Anthony

Any updates on the UP-W Triple Tracking project? Can someone post photographs of the progress. That being said, please don't trespass to get these photographs...take them from public property.
 #1506179  by doepack

35 million in state funding released for new stations at Peterson/Ridge (UP-N), and Auburn Park (Rock...)
 #1507864  by doepack

Duly noted, and no this isn't new. Simply, I had not posted this when the announcement initially occurred as I had first believed...
 #1509838  by doepack

CTA to close Red line stations at Lawrence and Berwyn for three years, as phase one of RPM begins...
 #1521138  by ExCon90

I made a number of trips to and from ORD before the extension was complete and shuttle buses operated to and from Jefferson Park. CTA posted signs on masts along the bus route within the airport telling operators where to turn, since the buses also served the hangar areas where airport employees needed to go. I wonder whether they'll put up similar temporary signs during this period--it was a rather convoluted route, and it's very easy for drivers to get lost in there.
 #1521441  by Tadman

I've been on a quite a few bus-detours of the blue line lately. Let me tell you how much fun it is when 1000 people from a train with their luggage all get off and scram for a tiny bus, and wait in line as quite a few busses load.

It sucks. There is no other way to describe it. Suck-ola big time suckaroonie sucks.

You can bet I'm on uber tomorrow.
 #1521642  by Gilbert B Norman

Here is the "cutesy" text I got from United yesterday:
Don't get the blues on your trip to O'Hare International Airport! Construction on the CTA Blue Line is causing track closures between Rosemont and O'Hare tomorrow Oct. 04, impacting travel to the airport. Don't worry if you plan to take the train, shuttle buses will be running to get you to O'Hare, but we do recommend giving yourself an extra 30 minutes of travel time.

Thanks for choosing United!
To take my "poor man's way to O'Hare" for a 2PM flight to RIC today, leaving from Gate E1, I would normally take BNSF #1264 (dp 1056A), but instead, I'll take the new train #1262 (dp 1008A). I can reasonably expect to be at Rosemont "High Noon", so I think I'm covered - even if I'm just "TSA General Population" for this flight.

Oh well, the "price is right" @ $4.25 Senior each way. When my affluent neighbors say "but your time" (the White Glove Livery Car I've used for my overseas trips would want to leave at High Noon), to which I say "I'm retired;.and my time isn't worth a plugged nickel to anyone".
 #1521659  by Gilbert B Norman

Aboard CTA Blue--

Another "wrench". Now that the parking garage is being chopped down, you must X Clinton at Jackson to the West side. Then, when you get to Van Buren, back to the East.
 #1521664  by Gilbert B Norman

"Planeside" @ ORD---

Mr. Dunville, "it wasn't that bad". The Shuttle left Rosemont 1202P, arrived 1209 at the "drop zone". I'dare say the bus took less time than would have the train.

Now what to do with myself for next hour and a half.