Railroad Forums 

Discussion related to commuter rail and rapid transit operations in the Chicago area including the South Shore Line, Metra Rail, and Chicago Transit Authority.

Moderators: metraRI, JamesT4

#1429582  by doepack

Among other things, of greater railfan interest would be the "ride along" videos from the engineer's perspective. Currently available are outbound rides in real time on the Milwaukee West and Rock, plus both directions on SWS. Take a look...
 #1429771  by doepack

I would imagine so. I do think that displaying the station names en route, in the same manner as shown on the CTA videos, would have been more useful and informative. Especially to the out-of-towners in the audience...
 #1504072  by fauxcelt

I like the videos and I think I have watched most of them. However, why are comments disabled for all of the videos? We can't even thank Metra for making the videos and putting them on YouTube.
 #1504118  by doepack

Really, it's a smart move by Metra to disable comments on their videos. It means we get to watch the videos free from flame wars, misinformation, and other unrelated noise.

Besides, plenty of railfan channels have been "subchatted" enough, and I'm glad Metra isn't one of them...
 #1504189  by MACTRAXX

Doepack - Here's a thought:
Is there any way to contact those responsible at Metra to thank them for posting these videos of
their trains and routes as you suggested?

I fully understand why they do not want comments concerning their videos - after reading some of
what has been posted at YouTube concerning virtually any subject which literally runs the gamut...
MACTRAXX
 #1504429  by fauxcelt

I agree with MACTRAXX considering some of the comments I have read about some of my favorite music videos on YouTube. On the other hand, there are some videos with no comments or very few comments posted such as the folk music group whom I play bass with.

Laurence
 #1504439  by justalurker66

All of my videos are posted with comments either turned off or moderated. I don't post videos to provide a platform for hate and unrelated messages. I can see why people with more popular feeds would simply turn off comments.
 #1505239  by WhartonAndNorthern

fauxcelt wrote:I like the videos and I think I have watched most of them. However, why are comments disabled for all of the videos? We can't even thank Metra for making the videos and putting them on YouTube.
There is an email address (hidden behind a CAPTCHA) for Metra's social media team on their channel's "About" page. Otherwise I agree with the other posters here about not allowing comments.