Railroad Forums 

• EMD CF7 Detail Electrical Drawing

• Discussion of Electro-Motive locomotive products and technology, past and present. Official web site can be found here: http://www.emdiesels.com/.
Discussion of Electro-Motive locomotive products and technology, past and present. Official web site can be found here: http://www.emdiesels.com/.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#452176  by Owen S. Paulsen

Hi I am look for CF7 Detail Electrical Drawing not the simple type.

Preferable in a Disk but will the paper if you have it.

MODS NOTE. WE DON'T PUT EMAIL ADDYS, OR PERSONAL INFO INSIDE POSTS. You have buttons in the bottom of every post, to ellicit this info. Thanks. (edited for content)

#452431  by EDM5970

I replied to this request on RYPN, but I guess that wasn't good enough-
 #708107  by EDM5970

Again, as I believe I suggested in reply to this question on RYPN almost two years ago, find a copy of the CF-7 book, "From Cleburn to Everywhere" (Amazon, eBay. et al.). Its in there, along with the 24-RL air diagram-
 #708156  by Owen S. Paulsen

This is NOT a DETAIL ELectrical Drawing
I have got this book.
The Electrical Drawing I want it the type the can be use fix the loco , and consist of the stuff like watt,ohm,contact inc the was not use, and the size of the contact, etc

Owen Stan Paulsen
 #708447  by EDM5970

I don't know if such a detailed drawing exists. I know they do exist for Alcos, but this isn't an Alco, and may not really qualify as an EMD. If you can get a GP-7 drawing with the information you want, it should be close, as the CF-7s were wired very much like GP-7s. I have carefully compared both drawings; same general equipment, same transition, no field shunting, etc.

However, even without the detailed drawings that you are seeking, I was able to do some troubleshooting on my CF-7 with the drawings in the "Everywhere" book. I fixed several things on that unit before it got sabotaged. Even got it loading up just like a 539 Alco in "switch" mode; ATSF picked the right EMD unit to emulate.
 #724669  by John_Perkowski

Would not this document have belonged to the ATSF, since the CF7 was a Cleburne Shops rebuild of an F-3/7/9??

Have you tried asking this on the BNSF Forum or the Fallen Flags General forum (since ATSF does not yet have its own fallen flag forum?)

Have you tried asking the Santa Fe Historical/Technical Society ( www.atsfrr.com )?