Railroad Forums 

• Looking for a few engines...

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#684738  by mavrick0

My uncle and I are heading down the US next week for a train watching vacation and there are a few engines we'd like to see if we can. What we are looking for is the WP & Katy Heritage units as well as the Olympic units. So if anyone know's where there are running or sitting it would be greatly appreciated.
 #684944  by Encoder2002

It looks like those engines are in the Chicago area right now. That could change tomorrow though. Good Luck
 #688210  by mavrick0

Well with the luck of the Train gods we found the WP and Katy at a west end yard in Chicago as well as 2 CNW's that have yet to be patched. Unfortunetly I didn't get pics as they were blocked by some freight in the yard but my uncle did so I'll post when I can. For now here's just a small sellection of the 1200 I took with a few special pics. http://www.flickr.com/photos/14039104@N ... 743425828/