Railroad Forums 

• Houston

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#679871  by atsf sp

Where are the best UP railfan spots in Houston? Where are the yards?
 #679888  by WÖØD

well what part of houston, there are several huge yards. you have englewood and settegast. englewood is a 64 track hump yard and god knows how many other tracks. settegast has two switching leads and 2 bowls and a diesel shop. the ptra has a pretty good sized yard near the other two yards. the bnsf and up have two massive sit/switching yards out between houston and beaumont. there are several other spots that are great for watching to, just depends on what you wanna see.
 #679983  by atsf sp

How accesible is the diesel shop for settegast?
 #680049  by WÖØD

diesel shop is pretty easy, you can see it from a public road. look for a road called Kirkpatrick. a word of advice, i wouldn't go there at night, pretty rough area imho. both yards have streets kinda parelling them. kirkpatrick is settegast and englewood is either liberty rd or wallisville.
 #680143  by atsf sp

Any yards in non-rough areas? Is englewood in a better neighborhood?
 #680264  by WÖØD

yeah send me a message and i'll tell ya a few places. don't really wanna give away good spots seeing as the railroad encourages us to report suspicious activity. lol but yeah, message me and i'll give you all sorts of spots