Railroad Forums 

• Service Unit Furlough Numbers / Calling It Good

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#656681  by jiblettgravy

Its 75 in the North Little Rock service unit. Its somethign to see qualified class-1 engineers working remotes in the yard. But all of the rock buisness down here has kept us going. It didnt get as bad as I thought.
 #659463  by kaastle

Almost up to 400 in Houston. June '05 class is on the bottom now. Almost four years of service and about to go to the furlough board.
 #664350  by UPRR engineer

You guys need to go vent else where. Your NOT allowed to use language like that here, thats the reason i deleted the last few posts. It takes a few ten years or so before you can undestand how the UP really works. Its a business who's suppost to look after the shareholders, what its not is a charity. LETS keep this topic about the number of guys layed off.
 #664598  by iluvtofu

sorry about that. I think I had to many beers the other night. I love my job, and being furloughed isn't all that bad. I could get used to sitting at home and being paid for nothing. :-D
Last edited by iluvtofu on Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #664635  by jescates

There is one less person on the Dalhart Cutoff board. Turned in my radio and keys today. Got cutoff first of December. Was going to try and stick it out, but bills add up. I truely enjoyed my short career as a conductor but it's time to move on to something more stable! Best of luck to all you guys!
 #666578  by UPRR engineer

Added to the title, figured calling it quits kinda went hand in hand with the mass lay offs.

As far as where i work, theres a hand full layed off but theres still the same number of people on the boards due to guys bumping in.