Railroad Forums 

• **SENIORITY SWAP**

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#561182  by b372_xt04

There used to be a classified section on the U.P. website where people would post things for sale/ seniority swap opportunities/ ect... How would one go about finding someone to swap seniorities with? I've tried to get a transfer but needless to say, after making 500 phone calls, I was about as successful as the last time I went snipe hunting.
 #561699  by Burner

Can a conductor even do that? I thought it was for engineers only
 #563182  by Encoder2002

I'am interested talk to me. Iam in the Salina Hub(Wichita, Herington, Salina,and Oakely,KS). The Herington runs are to Kansas City, and Pratt. From Salina you can go to Kansas City, or Sharon Springs. Out of Wichita you go to Herington. ----Deleted-----

UPRR's note, guess we dont like posting your email address out in the open here.
Last edited by Encoder2002 on Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #563505  by Encoder2002

Iam on seniority roster 373401.
Last edited by Encoder2002 on Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #564533  by Burner

You're only about 5 guys from being furloughed... I doubt you will get many to bite on that one...
 #565356  by b372_xt04

Sorry Encoder2002... I'm just trying to get to the Roseville sub. Though I would also swap seniorities with ANYONE from Pheonix, Las Vegas or Salt Lake City. I have 2 years of service here in Houston/ no longer in danger of a furlough. If anyone is interested, please PM me.
 #570126  by slchub

Call/e-mail your local secretary/treasurer and ask him/her the name and number/e-mail of the local for the area in which you wish to swap. Establishing a good relationship not only with your local LCA, but the LCA of the new crew base is very helpful in getting the whole process started and completed. You can ask the LCA in the area where you wish to swap to accept a flyer that you either fax or e-mail to place up on the union bulletin board in the crew room asking for possible swap candidates. Also, take a trip to the new crew base and look around. Then place you own swap bulletins up in as many crew rooms, yards etc. so everyone can see it.

Good luck. Do it now while your a trainman. Once you become an engineer it is nearly impossible to transfer outside of your hub. That is the main reason I left the UP and came over to Amtrak.