Railroad Forums 

• Who has seen unpatched Southern Pacific units lately?

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#749001  by airman00

Over the summer I had the chance to visit Denver. My family and I rode on the dever light rail system, and went past a UP freight yard. Saw lots of UP engines, but also there was an old Southern pacific SW1500. Looked in pretty rough shape. Was the only sp engine I saw.
 #761268  by GN 599

I saw the SP 199 in Longview WA last month, at least I am pretty sure. It was unpatched but some idiot had stolen the number boards out of it. Unfortunately I was on duty and didnt have a good photo op anyway because it was a typical rainy night.
 #777080  by Jtgshu

GN 599 wrote:I saw the SP 199 in Longview WA last month, at least I am pretty sure. It was unpatched but some idiot had stolen the number boards out of it. Unfortunately I was on duty and didnt have a good photo op anyway because it was a typical rainy night.
SP352 made it to New Jersey last week!

http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 15#p775144

This post has a few pics of her on an ethanol train....looks good!!
 #825867  by Alloy

I saw one last week near the South San Francisco station, on the Peninsula commuter line that runs between San Francisco and San Jose. I've seen this unit before, late at night when the freight trains run on the line. If I get a chance, I'll get the number.
 #934419  by doepack

Saw unpatched SP 107 this evening as the second unit back on a westbound coal empty on the Geneva sub coming out of Proviso. Would have tried for a shot, but unfortunately, I'm not much of a night photographer...
 #1027496  by doepack

Spotted SP 266 in Proviso today while riding Metra. According to a reliable source, it will be departing Proviso later on tonight on MPRNPX (extra run of a Proviso-North Platte, NE manifest); and will be the second unit behind leading unit UP7789. Should hit western Iowa by daybreak if all goes according to schedule, heads up for any of you interested photographers in that neck of the woods...
 #1465222  by fromsuncook

0314181342.jpg
GP40 UP1413 is still running around the west Phoenix yard I was told is called Campo.

I apologize for the quality of the photo, old cell phone and operator. I will attempt to get a better image.

This is an old thread but interest has been expressed elsewhere in the MB.