Railroad Forums 

• UP 4141 George Bush 41 Funeral Train

• Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.
Discussion about the Union Pacific operations past and present. Official site can be found here: UPRR.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#1493128  by mtuandrew

Does Omaha have any wrecked ACes that could use a new everything? May as well gut & stuff 4141, no need to donate six AC traction motors, a functional 16-710 & alternator, or an I-ETMS receiver to be a gate guardian for a presidential library.
 #1493158  by Meal Period

Its going to be a consist of UP Passenger Cars and observation cars. The Presidents casket will be in a baggage car with an American flag painted on the outside. It will be a pretty long train, at least 20 coaches maybe more.
 #1493163  by DutchRailnut

It is 11 cars with 1943 and 4141 for power.
 #1493166  by The Chief

Passenger Consist Railforce One
President George H.W. Bush Funeral Train Union Pacific UP 4141
Dp Spring Texas 1 p.m. Ar College Station Texas across from Kyle Field 3:25 p.m.

AFIK.
Attachments:
George HW Bush UP loco 4141 Bush Funeral Train consist.jpg
George HW Bush UP loco 4141 Bush Funeral Train consist.jpg (86.68 KiB) Viewed 5886 times
 #1493169  by The Chief

Station KHOU11 live video feed (w/audio track) Railforce One
President George H.W. Bush Funeral Train Union Pacific UP 4141
Dp Spring Texas 1 p.m. Ar College Station Texas across from Kyle Field 3:25 p.m

https://www.facebook.com/KHOU11/videos/1104599363033383" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They pad the sked like Amtrak...
 #1493172  by MACTRAXX

Everyone: (12/6 2:35 PM EST)

There is wide news coverage of the G.H.W. Bush Funeral Train including live video from Texas.
I noted that the second locomotive is #9096 - the first car is Power Car UPP #2066 which has
a noticeable dome-like roof on one end. This car was rebuilt from Postal Service Car #5816 and
contains two Deutz Diesel generators, a crew room sleeping one with private bathroom along
with storage, cooler and freezer. The UP Consist Information PDF contains this description.
The train left Spring for College Station, TX at 1:05 CST.

This report was posted by Yahoo (AP) on 12/6: https://news.yahoo.com/presidential-fun ... itics.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chief: Thanks for the lineup of the UP Business Train passenger equipment used for this run.
MACTRAXX
Last edited by MACTRAXX on Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
 #1493173  by TheBoyFromNewYorkCity

After leaving St. Patrick's Cathedral RFK was taken to Penn Station for the run to Washington.

When the funeral party arrived at platform it was found out that the coffin wouldn't fit.

A workman was called to remove a window.

Admin note: some content redacted.

#1493211  by Backshophoss

There were Web attacks during the trains run, Virtual Railfan was attacked by an auction site, currently, loadsource.org is attacking Google now
Also some of the live steams were affected as well.
Norton was working overtime to stop the attacks.
 #1493229  by D40LF

The live footage from the engine was nice, but I've got to say, there were several close calls (with people moving back from the tracks with only seconds to spare). The crew must've been on the edge of their seats for the entire run (although thankfully, nobody was hit). It would have been awful if the thousands of people watching online witnessed something similar to the 844 incident earlier this year.
mtuandrew wrote:Does Omaha have any wrecked ACes that could use a new everything? May as well gut & stuff 4141, no need to donate six AC traction motors, a functional 16-710 & alternator, or an I-ETMS receiver to be a gate guardian for a presidential library.
I think the plan is to have it stuffed and mounted, although time will tell...