Railroad Forums 

• SU99/SU100 Thread

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#1024490  by TheTrainHunters

sportsguy wrote:You heard right... a whooping 9 cars!
Yupp I saw and chased it from Rich's Deli to Sparta!
 #1024672  by blockline4180

Jeez, lots of buffs for a "whopping" 9 car SU-99 at night!! No offense, but I would never bother chasing that thing with the way gas prices are today!!!!
 #1024772  by ATCFault

blockline4180 wrote:Jeez, lots of buffs for a "whopping" 9 car SU-99 at night!! No offense, but I would never bother chasing that thing with the way gas prices are today!!!!
While I did go out to see it pass Hawthorne, I have to agree with you.
But to be fair, the lighting was rather nice since it was still early, and the short train means you might be able to get more than one or two shots in daylight.
 #1028605  by ATCFault

waldwickrailfan wrote:The "Spirit of America" varnish should be on 99 tonight.
Yes it will be. 2nd to last car of the train.
 #1028973  by Bill S

Trains news wire has an up date on the power coming in July for SU99/SU100

Bill S
 #1029066  by sportsguy

Bill S wrote:Trains news wire has an up date on the power coming in July for SU99/SU100

Bill S
What are they saying?!
 #1029127  by charlie6017

Bill,
Can you please provide a link or a "fair use quote" for the folks
who may not be able to view Trains NewsWire?

Thanks,
Charlie