Railroad Forums 

• SU99/SU100 Thread

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#1172571  by mainetrain

Hear a distant train blowing for the crossings, must be the SU100? through Warwick 0220hrs
 #1177172  by Autoblock

Any reason why the 99 seems to be smaller? It usually goes by my house late but used to seem like it was a pretty decent size train now it sounds around the same as the 100 which is usually smaller minus the garbage cars.
 #1177246  by waldwickrailfan

Autoblock wrote:Any reason why the 99 seems to be smaller? It usually goes by my house late but used to seem like it was a pretty decent size train now it sounds around the same as the 100 which is usually smaller minus the garbage cars.
It's pretty much been smaller Mondays, usually 20-40 cars, wednesday: 40-60, friday: 60+
 #1197499  by K4Pacific

Crew for detour of SU100 via CSX is on duty at 205 pm today Wednesday 7-3. Crew will taxi to Dewitt yard in Syracuse to get the necessary paperwork then taxi to the train itself. Train is operating on CSX as symbol Z224-03. Probably wont depart Syracuse much before dinner time.
 #1197591  by RSD15

K4Pacific wrote:Crew for detour of SU100 via CSX is on duty at 205 pm today Wednesday 7-3. Crew will taxi to Dewitt yard in Syracuse to get the necessary paperwork then taxi to the train itself. Train is operating on CSX as symbol Z224-03. Probably wont depart Syracuse much before dinner time.
Going through Dewitt 9:50pm.
 #1206086  by Snowmojoe

Is CSX still detouring through here? It's 6:45 AM and I swear a CSX freight just went by my house (I'm near Wortendyke Station in Midland Park). I couldn't get to any good vantage point in any time to see what it was so I was left with trying to see it out my living room window through the trees. Looked like 3 diesels, maybe GPs of some kind, and they didn't look like Susquehanna yellowjackets or the Norfolk Southern leasers I see frequently. It's also a weird time for a train to go through here, and on Wednesdays the NYS&W is usually going in the other direction (towards Binghamton).

Do I need to get more sleep?
 #1208838  by Snowmojoe

I've seen CSX 2732 go by the house. And NS 5291 and 5294; think they are all GP38s. There were 3 diesels on this one and I swore they all looked like CSX colors, but I guess not.

The schedule seems to be a little funny of late though, no? Some nights the SU doesn't seem to go by until as late as 6:30 and maybe even later. And I recall a Thursday where a train went by here heading west with 3 or 4 Yellowjackets and 79 cars. That's normal SU99 material, but on a Thursday?

And I swear that as I typed that paragraph above, I heard the diesel horns go, and the crossing gates go off, and four Yellowjackets (couldn't see road #s) and 71 cars went by. Just now at about 6:50 PM on Thursday. Did the normal 99 schedule change? M-W-F for SU99, no?
 #1208863  by Marty Feldner

Per one of the mailing lists, last sunday's SU-100 was annulled- so the schedule this week is off by one day. That would have indeed been a rare Thursday SU-99 you saw.
 #1223487  by CNJ Fan 4evr

Anyone have an updated schedule on SU99 or SU 100 as of 10/21/13? I was hoping to perhaps get some video of the old L&HR section. I see stuff on You Tube.Right now every other Monday and every Weds. are free for me.
 #1223801  by ap70621

Hello,
SU-99 runs Monday's, Wednesday's, and Friday's. They have been leaving Bogota around 16:00 lately, but there is not really a set schedule. I usually see them on the L&HR in Vernon anytime between 18:30 and 20:00. As for the SU-100, I do not know as much about it because I am usually asleep by the time it comes through. I sometimes will hear it between 1:00 and 2:30.
Here are the links for some Yahoo Groups that may be of some help, members usually post location and time they see trains...
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NYSW/info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Susq ... s/messages" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;