Railroad Forums 

• SU99/SU100 Thread

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#1335467  by ebtmikado

waldwickrailfan wrote:
ebtmikado wrote:It's now June, 2015, with the long days.
I have never chased Su-99. Is there an approximate time it might depart, and perhaps a few points on the line?
Thanks,
Lee
It usually leaves Bogota,NJ around 4:45pm
Wyckoff: 5:30pm
Butler: 6pm
Sparta: 7pm
Warwick: 8pm
Campbell Hall: 930pm
Port Jervis: 11pm
Binghamton: 2:30am

Note: These are average times, train may be at these locations at different times
Thank you!
Lee
 #1335786  by Snowmojoe

If you happen to do the Facebook thing, join the NYSW group on there; someone usually posts the time the 99 leaves Ridgefield Park as it happens, and you can time it out from there more or less. I'm at MP 26.15 and I've got it pretty well timed out at about 40 mins or so once it leaves RP, depending on what it does between here and there.
 #1337588  by ebtmikado

We chased SU-99 on Friday, 6/26. It had been years since I had seen NYS&W, and I was surprised at how good the railroad looks, and how fast the train moves.
We were able to get several scenes between Oakland and Warwick, and missed several more. This means we will make another trip down from Connecticut to
catch the other spots. I would like to catch some of the locals as well, if able to find out where and when they run.
It was a fun afternoon and evening.

Lee
 #1351250  by rr503

What time does SU99/SU100 pass through Narrowsburg?
Also, are they still running alternate days except saturday?
 #1352303  by charlie6017

I'm on the opposite side of the state, near Rochester.......but from what I have read, most movements
are during night-time hours. I'll do some looking to see if I can find out more approximate times.

Charlie
 #1352369  by waldwickrailfan

rr503 wrote:What time does SU99/SU100 pass through Narrowsburg?
Also, are they still running alternate days except saturday?
Usually around 11pm for the SU99 M-W-F, and 11pm for the SU100, Su-Tu-Th
 #1388872  by ccutler

These trains have been getting shorter...I am guessing a large environmental remediation project, removing contaminated soils, has ended, because I don't see the long strings of covered gondolas anymore.
 #1388902  by rr503

This one from a few weeks ago looks pretty healthy...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0bZ6vx-fp8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As does this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-2kq80Q3dw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And today's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV10JZhtTac" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I wouldn't write them off just yet
 #1434743  by CNJ Fan 4evr

Any updates a year later? I'm hoping on maybe following this on one of my weeks off during summer.Particularly interested in Sparta Jct. to Warwick.
 #1447702  by David Hutchinson

What the heck did I hear this Thursday morning around 6 AM? A little late for the SU100 through Warwick..... I thought I heard a low flying helicopter, but it was an eastbound and the horn sounded like a Leslie 3 chime.... a detour maybe?
 #1465152  by David Hutchinson

Heard what sounded like a light engine move going west during daylight hours on Sunday.......my wife said she heard a very, very heavy SU-100 on Monday................
 #1465243  by Marty Feldner

Light engine SU-99 (schedule was mega screwed up due to snow); at Bing it 'turned and burned' as the SU-100. Lots of cars waiting, so long trains to catch up. (I hate too use the dreaded *FB* reference, but a fair amount of foamer updates there on the NYSW page- among the high level of drivel.)