Railroad Forums 

• NYSW 599 on the move

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#790450  by railroadcarmover

On april 1st, my "heavy equipment transport" guy's cousin is lifting and transporting one of the NYSW passenger cars from Ridgefield Park NJ to a site in Virgina. He sent me a photo of it attached to the cranes, awaiting the hoisting.
It was reportably sold.
 #790865  by Otto Vondrak

NYS&W142Fan wrote:It was the 599. It's a shame as it should have been donated to the Maywood Station and preserved along with the other Susie Q Equipment.
Maywood station? Where would they put it all?
 #790880  by airman00

Well, first they'd have to lengthen the siding, and then connect it to the main. Then if #206 ever got repaired you would have #206 with a passenger coach, followed by a caboose...all that together=fan trip!! :-) (obviously that will never happen, but still one can dream right?) Railroad fan trips are really hot right now anyway, alot of historical organizations do them right now.
 #790907  by railroadcarmover

Steve F45 wrote:which car? Somone on the yahoo group posted it as 599 and it was in Rochelle Park. Now its in Ridgefield Park, only car down there is the 510 observation.
That is correct. It was at Rochelle Park. It was sold to someone who is shipping it to Virgina.
 #791259  by airman00

Well I guess then the only car left in rochelle park is that box car. Hope that stays.
 #791306  by Sid Farkus

That was the car that served as the office for the railway police for many years along with that boxcar. Can't imagine what will become of the boxcar since really there is no use for it. Would have been nice if they just left both, but the railway is making a profit and one would assume that this pullman will once again see actual railway use.
 #791336  by NYS&W142Fan

To put that car into active use will require a bit of cash. It is my understanding the frame is cracked. I wonder if it will be put to use as a stationary piece.
 #791968  by ErieLimited2914

airman00 wrote:Well I guess then the only car left in rochelle park is that box car. Hope that stays.
I was told by a reliable source that the box car was going to Ridgefield Park as a new yard office with the others.