Railroad Forums 

• NYSW-Ownership question

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#707766  by northjerseybuff

Otto, if you want to move this to the NYSW forum. How much of the NYSW does CSX/NS own? Also how long is the lease of ther tier to the CNYRR?
 #708088  by Tadman

I believe Mr. Rich bought NS/CSX's share before his death, so it might still be with his family. For a while DO was publicly traded, but I think that ended with the CR buyout.
 #708277  by Noel Weaver

Tadman wrote:I believe Mr. Rich bought NS/CSX's share before his death, so it might still be with his family. For a while DO was publicly traded, but I think that ended with the CR buyout.
The buyout of the stockholders was related to the Conrail takeover but I am not positive of the exact date. I have that information at home as I had stock in
DO from 1970 until 1997 or so when the shareholders were bought out.
Noel Weaver