Railroad Forums 

• NJ Transit Comet I sliders in Susquehanna?

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#488816  by ErieLimited2914

I took a trip up to Binghampton today, and stopped at a few places, 2 being the crossing on Jefferson St. before Strucca and Susquehanna and noticed a NJT slider on the 2nd track opposite of the viaduct with all the windows knocked out and 4 in front of the Susquehanna station. One in front of the station had the living hell beat out of both ends being bashed in on the corners, and I walked up the vestibule of an open door and look like WW II happened in there. What happened and where are they going?

#488991  by ANDY117

NO P IN BINGHAMTON!!!!! :wink:

They were part of a rough coupling a couple years ago, which derailed a few, and busted the others up beyond repair, at least at the time.

The rest went out to Salt Lake City for their new commuter service.

#489407  by ricebrianrice

Yes those are the ones.

#489418  by amoreho1

why are they there?

#490055  by kingfish

There is a dispute between the broker and the end purchaser as to who is going to pay for making them road worthy.

Another avenue that may be taken is dismantling on site and selling off the components.

NYSW does not own nor are they responsible for making the cars interchange capable.

Kingfish

:wink:

#491859  by ErieLimited2914

what is possibly left to sell off in them? i walked into one and theres no ceilings, seats, just the steel sheets on the floor.

#491874  by lvrr325

trucks, wheels, brake hardware, other mechanical parts...

#492609  by ErieLimited2914

Thats smart actually. I know they gave a few to the Whippany Railway Museum and they repainted them with EL colors (they look really cool!), and they were in the same condition, I wonder if thats what they're going to do with 1 or 2 of them. I know they already have 9 on an M&E spur in East Hanover in the exact same condition.

Thoughts?

#492866  by Tri-State Tom

Erie -

9 ?

AIR, the M&E bought 3 and the Whippany Museum 3.

Re:

#841404  by ErieLimited2914

Tri-State Tom wrote:Erie -

9 ?

AIR, the M&E bought 3 and the Whippany Museum 3.
This thread was from back in the day already! There are many stored on spurs on the M&E that they DO NOT own.