Railroad Forums 

• Motive Power update

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#1324290  by Steve F45

i saw that also on the facebook group. Awesome news to hear. Can't wait to see 3634 and 3618 doubled up together again and pulling freight.

Still wanting to find out if the tunnel motors that went for rebuild are keeping their carbodies.
 #1330018  by bk77

Havent seen or heard any recent news on the 3600's. Have they/are they going back into service?

---Bill K.
 #1331785  by bk77

Steve F45 wrote:3618 is up and running and was being used as the shop switcher sometime last week.
I gotta say thats a mighty big shop switcher, lol! Thanks for the update...
 #1332030  by Steve F45

3634 has not been put back in service yet. Still in pieces. I saw some pics from what looked like a magazine of one of the tunnel motors in Washington State getting an ECO rebuild. Does not look like it will be coming back a tunnel motor. It has new rear steps fabricated in place of the ladder steps.
 #1332309  by bk77

Steve F45 wrote: I saw some pics from what looked like a magazine of one of the tunnel motors in Washington State getting an ECO rebuild. Does not look like it will be coming back a tunnel motor. It has new rear steps fabricated in place of the ladder steps.
Thats makes sense if it's getting a 12 cyl. 710 like CP's SD30's... that opens up a LOT of room to cut back the car body to allow more to walk around the back and put in regular steps that are much more user friendly.
 #1332508  by Steve F45

The pics were grainy but the entire long hood was off the frame, just where the blower housing is and electrical cabinet and cab were on the frame. They are rumored to be finished and released by August i believe i read.
 #1338775  by Snowmojoe

There are photos and video on the NYSW facebook page showing 3618 working today (up in Binghamton I guess but I don't know for sure.) I guess it's actually back in service.
 #1339804  by Leo_Ames

What was wrong with the 3042? I know it had issues with one of its trucks a number of years ago, possibly why it went OOS to start with. But it was noted as being stored pending future expansion plans not too long ago.

Don't usually see a GP40 get cut up these days.
 #1339908  by deandremouse

Leo_Ames wrote:What was wrong with the 3042? I know it had issues with one of its trucks a number of years ago, possibly why it went OOS to start with. But it was noted as being stored pending future expansion plans not too long ago.

Don't usually see a GP40 get cut up these days.
Well all I know is it was picked of parts last time I saw it before it was torched
 #1351344  by bk77

Any word on the 2 tunnel motors that went to the west coast for the ECO rebuild?
 #1369956  by tj48

I see the unit has those large radiators like Norfolk Southern's ECO units. The back porch looks larger, wonder if the rear of the long hood shorten?
 #1370075  by Roscoe P. Coaltrain

Seriously, they couldn't include fixing the nose sheet metal to the scope of the project? Get rid of the gyralight cradle, possibly relocate the headlight, and remove those raised patches welded over the front class light cutouts.

21st century behind the cab, rent-a-wreck (still) ahead of the cab.