Railroad Forums 

• NYS&W Southern Division Toys For Tots Train 2018

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#1492304  by blocksignal

Good afternoon. I would like to know if the Toys For Tots Train will be departing from the Ridgefield Park/Little Ferry area this Saturday 12/1/2018. Given that partial bridge collapse and Hackensack River Bridge O.O.S. I was just curious. Or have those two bridges been fixed by now? Otherwise the train would originate where - At Passaic Junction in Saddlebrook? And also is the schedule still the same as per their website? Thanks.

Blocksignal.
 #1492707  by blocksignal

Thank you ClearlyDiverging. Much appreciated. I did manage to catch them at Midland Park. They arrived approximately 10:35 AM this morning with an interesting power lash-up consisting of NYS&W #3040 & Chesapeake & Delaware #1823 with "Honoring New Jersey Veterans" & "Safety & Service" painted on its sides. Never saw a lash-up consist like that before on the toys for tots train. Thanks again.

Blocksignal.