Railroad Forums 

• Pelton Road New Signal Box

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#1404312  by David Hutchinson

There is a new signal box or telephone booth about 150-200 feet south of Pelton Road. The NYSW crew was there Friday installing it. It's kind of small, about6 feet square, silver in color.
 #1404741  by Marty Feldner

New defect detector, maybe? Something new happened with tonight's SU-99; I'm about a mile from that location, and heard a talking DED on 160.485 that I've never heard before. It ID'd itself as MP 63.6, which is Sparta, but the timing was right for Pelton, given when the 99 passed by me. Sounds like a test run before a permanent setup...
 #1407479  by Marty Feldner

Apparently the detector has been activated- today's SU-100, 0450 hrs, 2 Nov 2016. MP 84.3- I didn't hear the whole audio, but it included axle count and temperature.
 #1407944  by Steve F45

They've installed from what i read on the nysw facebook group is around 4 defect detectors. There is a new one near maywood station and mp28.1 i believe. The others i can't remember.