Railroad Forums 

• Utica Street Running.....best time to catch it?

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#1403925  by oibu

I haven't personally seen it since over a year ago (last time I was in Utica), but in general the UT-1 crew works MOST (but maybe not all) weekdays doing local work around the Utica area. The general idea, which I wouldn't imagine has changed radically ( perhaps they work a day or two more or less, or start an hour or two earlier or later lately)- but in general, crew is OD in Utica around 8 AM +/-, gets their train ready and heads out Schuyler STreet somewhere in the 8:30--9:30-ish timeframe. Whenever they are done, they will come back. MOst days they only go to New Hartford, NY Mills, etc. and will be back sometime between late morning and early afternoon. Of course, if they go to Sangefield (usually about 1x per week except most days in spring for fertilizer season) it will be sometime after noon when they get back-again depending what work they have to do.