Railroad Forums 

• CSX office train on NYS&W Rochelle Park??

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#1306209  by CarterB

Yesterday around 4pm a CSX loco and two passenger cars went by Rochelle Park, NJ heading West.
Any idea of what this was?
 #1306216  by Snowmojoe

My guess is it was the 2014 Toys for Tots Train with one of the NYS&W's leased CSX GPs in front. A PRR baggage car, a NYC Pullman, and something else which escapes me right now. I saw the cars in the Ridgefield Park yard last night; never saw them coupled to a locomotive. But CSX 2732 and 2782 are always around the RP Yard. I have a couple of dreadful pics I took with an old point & shoot I could share under duress.
 #1308510  by Tadman

Also perhaps a track geometry train. The smaller roads tend to borrow them from larger roads. I see Metra borrowing CP's tech train occasionally. CSX just bought an ex-MARC GP40 for their geometry train, and two cars sounds just right.