Railroad Forums 

• Stack train in Susquehanna yard in Ridgefield

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#1258830  by Snowmojoe

Yesterday I was on Rt 46 west, around 6:15pm, and I happened to look over as I passed over the railyard and saw a stack train down in the Susquehanna yard. In this attached pic I stole from ScottyChaos' website, the track with the red line & arrows is where the stack train was sitting. Whose tracks are those? I was curious if that stack train was going to pass my house later (I'm sure it's gone now wherever it was going).

I realize it wasn't a NYS&W train; just curious whose it was though.
 #1258885  by RichM

That's not NYS&W, those two tracks are the NYC/PC/CR/CSX River Sub. There are crossovers south and north of 46 to allow detour access. Others will have better specific details.