Railroad Forums 

• Pickup left dangling on Ga. Train bridge (Dumb-A$$ award)

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #1010030  by Jeff Smith

Not far north of my location: Pickup left dangling on Ga. Train bridge
According to Richmond County Sheriff’s Deputy Cory Carlyle, James Ryan Anderson, 25, was attempting to drive across the railroad bridge, located next to St. Paul’s Church, in a Ford F150 with his brother Todd, 37, around 5:30 a.m. Friday, when the truck crashed into a trestle beam.

Deputies believe alcohol was a contributing factor in the crash.
Ya think?
 #1010103  by Gadfly

People really do stupid things! I am familiar with that bridge; I passed it several times during the Christmas holidays since my daughter lives in Aiken, SC and works at the Augusta Mall. The bridge is near the old Episcopal Church where Revolutionary War Soldiers are buried. My daughter and I visited the cemetary one day and I noticed there were foolish people out on the bridge despite the "No Trespassing" signs. People are just............................. well, idiots!~ That bridge is HIGH AND old! You wouldn't catch ME out there no how, no WAY! :)