Tearing up Altoona eastbound class yard?

Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
blackzz28

Tearing up Altoona eastbound class yard?

Post by blackzz28 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:32 pm

when i was visting altoon pa this past august i was looking at the yard and i noticed that norfork southern was tearing up the old east bound classification yard i asked around and nobody seems to know what or why they were doing this , what i was told was that they were keeping it under wraps , but i think anybody had the rite info,so anybody have any clue ??? :wink:

blackzz28

Re: Tearing up Altoona eastbound class yard?

Post by blackzz28 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:24 pm

here is some pic of the yard to help someone figure it out for me
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jgallaway81
Location: Milepost PT236 on the Pittsburgh Line - Altoona, PA

Post by jgallaway81 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:04 pm

As of right now, the entire yard is scrubbed flat, with a single track running down the middle so they can load the old ties into hoppers for disposal.

I think they ARE keeping it under wraps, because they haven't even told any of us who work there.

blackzz28

Post by blackzz28 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:02 pm

jgallaway81 wrote:As of right now, the entire yard is scrubbed flat, with a single track running down the middle so they can load the old ties into hoppers for disposal.

I think they ARE keeping it under wraps, because they haven't even told any of us who work there.
now thats funny i dont care who you are :-)

Return to “Norfolk Southern”