Railroad Forums 

• Tearing up Altoona eastbound class yard?

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #856939  by blackzz28

when i was visting altoon pa this past august i was looking at the yard and i noticed that norfork southern was tearing up the old east bound classification yard i asked around and nobody seems to know what or why they were doing this , what i was told was that they were keeping it under wraps , but i think anybody had the rite info,so anybody have any clue ??? :wink:
 #860863  by jgallaway81

As of right now, the entire yard is scrubbed flat, with a single track running down the middle so they can load the old ties into hoppers for disposal.

I think they ARE keeping it under wraps, because they haven't even told any of us who work there.
 #861250  by blackzz28

jgallaway81 wrote:As of right now, the entire yard is scrubbed flat, with a single track running down the middle so they can load the old ties into hoppers for disposal.

I think they ARE keeping it under wraps, because they haven't even told any of us who work there.
now thats funny i dont care who you are :-)