NS Dispatching

Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
mkerfe
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:08 am
Location: El Paso

NS Dispatching

Post by mkerfe » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:55 pm

If I remember correctly NS is the one major railroad that never centralized its dispatching. Is this correct and if so where are all the dispatching centers located. It looks like there is one in Harrisburg, PA but where else. Thanks!!

train2
Posts: 826
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:56 pm

Re: NS Dispatching

Post by train2 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:04 pm

NS has them in the division headquarter's city for each division.

Roanoke, VA, Greenville, SC, Atlanta, Knoxville (not sure if this one is still in action, but I think so), Harrisburg, Bluefield WV and one in Pittsburgh.

I am less certain on the other midwest DS offices. One should be in Detroit.

I hope others can fill in the rest.

One question I have is how may desks are in Harrisburg and what are the limits of their territory?

lakeshoredave
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:15 pm

Re: NS Dispatching

Post by lakeshoredave » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:11 pm

dearborn, mi
green tree, pa

those are the other two i know of that dispatch the ex cr.

ashley2771
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:29 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: NS Dispatching

Post by ashley2771 » Mon May 24, 2010 1:21 pm

Isn't there a dispatcher in Savannah, GA?

iceman977th
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:55 pm

Re: NS Dispatching

Post by iceman977th » Mon May 24, 2010 8:44 pm

Kenova, or are they a branch-off of Bluefield dispatching?

cbehr91
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 8:59 pm
Location: At the moment, in front of my computer.

Re: NS Dispatching

Post by cbehr91 » Thu May 27, 2010 3:02 pm

The Dearborn, Pittsburgh and Harrisburg Divisions I believe all still use the former Conrail dispatching centers in Dearborn, MI, Green Tree, PA and Mt. Laurel, NJ. The Lake Division I believe is dispatched from Ft. Wayne, IN and I would have to guess that the Illinois Division is dispatched from Decatur, IL.
What are you looking at?

cbehr91
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 8:59 pm
Location: At the moment, in front of my computer.

Re: NS Dispatching

Post by cbehr91 » Thu May 27, 2010 3:03 pm

iceman977th wrote:Kenova, or are they a branch-off of Bluefield dispatching?
The Kenova District should be controlled from Bluefield (still the Pocahontas Division).
What are you looking at?

cbehr91
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 8:59 pm
Location: At the moment, in front of my computer.

Re: NS Dispatching

Post by cbehr91 » Thu May 27, 2010 3:07 pm

mkerfe wrote:If I remember correctly NS is the one major railroad that never centralized its dispatching. Is this correct and if so where are all the dispatching centers located. It looks like there is one in Harrisburg, PA but where else. Thanks!!
Conrail didn't centralize their dispatchers either (Dearborn, MI [Dearborn], Indianapolis, IN [Indianapolis], Selkirik, NY [Albany], Green Tree, PA [Pittsburgh], Mt. Laurel, NJ [Harrisburg]). And actually when it was split, CSX never centralized the Selkirk and Indianapolis dispatching centers to Jacksonville (obviously now that has changed).
What are you looking at?

hbgdispatcher
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:14 pm
Location: pa

Re: NS Dispatching

Post by hbgdispatcher » Sun May 30, 2010 8:41 am

cbehr91 wrote:The Dearborn, Pittsburgh and Harrisburg Divisions I believe all still use the former Conrail dispatching centers in Dearborn, MI, Green Tree, PA and Mt. Laurel, NJ. The Lake Division I believe is dispatched from Ft. Wayne, IN and I would have to guess that the Illinois Division is dispatched from Decatur, IL.
The Harrisburg Division office is in Harrisburg Pa. The Conrail Shared Assets dispatch office is the old Conrail office in Mt. Laurel, NJ.
keeping the thoroughbred happy

leosv
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:07 pm

Re: NS Dispatching

Post by leosv » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:23 am

ashley2771 wrote:Isn't there a dispatcher in Savannah, GA?
No, Savannah district is dispatched from Atlanta, in Colony Square.

Return to “Norfolk Southern”