Railroad Forums 

• Engine trouble Train H4w

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #598831  by kf7strng

Norfolk Southern H4W had engine trouble that I first noticed while the train was at CP North Driftwood. The crew informed the buffalo Line dispatcher that the speedometer on 30XX(forget) was not functioning. DOes anyone have any other information? If i remembered the first 2 digits properly, the roster at http://www.nsdash9.com/roster.html has any 3000 series locomotive being a GP40-2. The list claims it is current as of Nov 1st 2008. This was LATE last night, Nov 4th, around 10-1030 i believe. What other engines were on the train, and what is the status of the engine now?
 #598974  by hbgdispatcher

Unit was taken back to Lock Haven by H4W and from there on to Enola by H3W for repair. H4W usually runs with 2- 4 axle units.
 #599618  by hbgdispatcher

Not sure, but it may have been. The power will rotate through every other day or so, coming up to Lock Haven on H2W from Enola, then H4W will use it that night to go to Driftwood and back, then to Enola the next morning on H3W, then back out the next day on H2W and do on.
 #600003  by kf7strng

Thank you for your information. You have alot of knowledgeable information. Are you really a dispatcher? and if i can decode it properly, on the Harrisburg line?